Owner | Cut and Color Specialist
Painter, Art collector, musician, obsessed with building things.
Jonny got an early start with hair back in elementary school experimenting on his own hair. Whether it was shaving, spiking or trying to color his hair with kool-aid he was always on a quest to stand out from the norm. In high school he became the go-to for interesting cuts and manic panic colors. It seems destined that he would attend the aveda institute in 1999 to start his career in the art of hair. Jonny quickly built a loyal clientele that followed him to 3 different salons around Minneapolis and in 2007 opened Mezzanine with his wife Stephanie. With a passion for hair and always re-inventing Mezzanine, he still gets just as excited about the art of hair as he did when he was in the 3rd grade.
Hair is art. It is always evolving, re-inventing and inspiring. It's a way to show your inner self to the world much like an artist portrays their inner self on a canvas.
- Aveda institute 1999 mpls
- Mentored new stylists in apprenticeships
- Bumble business emersion NYC 2009
- Design workshop bumble NYC 2010
- Design studio bumble NYC 2011
- Curl workshop bumble NYC 2012
- Creative editorial bumble NYC 2013
- Creative workshop with Howard mclaren mpls 2011
- Loreal color experts mpls 2012
- Loreal balayage 2012
- Shu uemura Chicago 2010
- And countless in and out of salon classes